Re: Catch Phrases!

K****R MOEDER

KANKER MOEDER means?

CANCER MOTHER??? Thats what I got out of a translator...

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

Its supposed to be some huge insult or so I was told.

"We are a mass of seething fury, elected as your judge and jury. You stand accused of murder, vanity, and evil crimes against humanity."-Andy Martin

Kanker (cancer) a is a much used (and strong) swearword in Dutch, though personally I don't feel it really has the connection to the disease anymore... I wouldn't think of wishing sumone/-thing had cancer if I'd use it. It has become a general purpose prefix for making things stronger... you can call someone a HOND (dog) or a K****R HOND.  You can also use it seperately though, just saying: Kanker, would probably translate to something like Damn... It does work the other way around, GOED (good) can be prefixed with it to make KANKERGOED (damn good, incredible) and enhance the strength of the original word, Good. This would be a very crude and unsophisticated manner of speaking though.

K****R Moeder is not something I hear a lot in daily life, though it is quite commonly heard of Faldon. (Then again a lot of the English used on Faldon isnt normally heard irl in the US or UK either.) usually when you use moeder you are just referring to it. So like 'Je moeder' is 'your mother' and just a general low-to-the-ground insult with no real content/meaning behind it. You're not technically being insulting to the person's maternal parent, but just very rude and challenging in general. Basically just making the other person angry/upset/hurt by doing a cheap thing like involving an unrelated person in a stupid manner. (And I guess, like all swearing and cursing, it is immature, yes.)

Anyway, that is how I experience the usage of that particular phrase/insult/curse. It might be that my interpretation of it is different than that of some other Dutch people, but I think this should be pretty close.

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."

This isn't dutch 101....

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

First time I have learned something on these boards for a long time. Thanks Crovax.

La~

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."