Re: Freedom?

Yeah, I guess so.

Oh also,

Jobs are being outsourced to countries without minimum wage laws and people can't find work here. Direct relation.

Interesting you said that. It would take MORE LAWS to turn it they way you want it.

Actually it wouldn't take more laws. What do big filthy outsourcing corporations want? Money. Simply bribe them to keep workers in this country. No laws, just bribery. Which is precisely what Kerry plans to do if elected. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Actually, if you were to get rid of the laws which allow employees to sue companies for millions without just cause, it would easily bring back jobs here.  No more laws would be needed at all.

Its Undermanned you say, but I bet 90% if not more, of this world doesnt have the resources to invade 2 countries, while keeping troops in Germany who bitch at us, troops in Japan, and S. Korea. Large numbers I might add. We had a coalition! Yeah.. What.. 900 troops from spain? 300 from Polland? Britian is the only one that could closely match our numbers. I bet they don't even have a 3rd of what we have in the middle east right now.

Oh, we have the resources.  I never said we didn't.  We just don't use them.  If we sent our entire army to Iraq, the war would have been over in a day or two.  But we didn't.  We don't utilize half of the military resources at our disposal, and because of that we keep losing what we actually DO send in.

Our Economy is fine. Unless your talking to Gothic or Mold

Yeah....  I live in Illinois.  Our economy has yet to see any improvement.  It's not getting any worse, but it's not getting any better either.

Lol that made no sense here. I agree the Liberal Media divides us.. it divides us for the worse. Diocletion Divided it, to save Rome and it worked for a long time.

And Bipartisanship in the media also worked for a long time.  However, the moral and ethical divide that they've created has weakened the country to the point where a single sentence from a guy on the news can cause people to shake in fear of what may happen.  I didn't mean that it is dividing it physically, or that it didn't work at one point, but it's not working now.

The Terrorists would need a little more man power to invade us.

What are you on?  Check the terrorist watchlist.  There are thousands of suspected terrorist still in the country.  Guess what, THEY'RE HERE!  If they weren't, 911 wouldn't have happened.

Just because you refuse to admit that there are a crap load of problems in this country, doesn't mean they don't exist.  Hell, you can't work to make the country better if you don't first acknowledge the problems.  And you know me, I'm far from a conservative-bashing liberal, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everything is peachy.  Honestly, I'm surprised you can.

Actually, if you were to get rid of the laws which allow employees to sue companies for millions without just cause, it would easily bring back jobs here.  No more laws would be needed at all.

Ok then. thats means employers can start saying fuck minimum wage laws? O yeah America gets all of its jobs back and people are workign for 10 cents an hour.

Its Undermanned you say, but I bet 90% if not more, of this world doesnt have the resources to invade 2 countries, while keeping troops in Germany who bitch at us, troops in Japan, and S. Korea. Large numbers I might add. We had a coalition! Yeah.. What.. 900 troops from spain? 300 from Polland? Britian is the only one that could closely match our numbers. I bet they don't even have a 3rd of what we have in the middle east right now.

Oh, we have the resources.  I never said we didn't.  We just don't use them.  If we sent our entire army to Iraq, the war would have been over in a day or two.  But we didn't.  We don't utilize half of the military resources at our disposal, and because of that we keep losing what we actually DO send in.

I still don't see how we are "undermanned"

Our Economy is fine. Unless your talking to Gothic or Mold

Yeah....  I live in Illinois.  Our economy has yet to see any improvement.  It's not getting any worse, but it's not getting any better either.

Interesting.. I am in Ohio. The state supposely hit the hardest by Job losses. Hit the hardest economy wise. I have seen major improvements. Hell in my Area we had lost so many jobs. Yet now there isnt a place you can't find work it seems. Maybe you should go about electing a new Gov.

Lol that made no sense here. I agree the Liberal Media divides us.. it divides us for the worse. Diocletion Divided it, to save Rome and it worked for a long time.

And Bipartisanship in the media also worked for a long time.  However, the moral and ethical divide that they've created has weakened the country to the point where a single sentence from a guy on the news can cause people to shake in fear of what may happen.  I didn't mean that it is dividing it physically, or that it didn't work at one point, but it's not working now.

We were comparing this to the Roman empire. The split you are talking about is bad, the split Diocletion did saved Rome for a while. That was my point.

The Terrorists would need a little more man power to invade us.

What are you on?  Check the terrorist watchlist.  There are thousands of suspected terrorist still in the country.  Guess what, THEY'RE HERE!  If they weren't, 911 wouldn't have happened.

I was speaking in General like forming a coalition and storming the White House with a Militia. Since we were comparing this to Ancient Rome. I know we have Terrorists in the US I am not a moron like you would like to believe.

Just because you refuse to admit that there are a crap load of problems in this country, doesn't mean they don't exist.  Hell, you can't work to make the country better if you don't first acknowledge the problems.  And you know me, I'm far from a conservative-bashing liberal, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everything is peachy.  Honestly, I'm surprised you can.

Hold on now... I never said we didnt have problems in this country. We have many problems in this country. However, I believe that we need more laws to fix some, and less laws to fix other stuff. As of right now though, I am very comfortable on how the Government is being ran. Brim you quote me yet you seemed to miss the point I was countering your claims on comparing us to Ancient Rome.

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

Ah.. okay.

Interesting.. I am in Ohio. The state supposely hit the hardest by Job losses. Hit the hardest economy wise. I have seen major improvements. Hell in my Area we had lost so many jobs. Yet now there isnt a place you can't find work it seems. Maybe you should go about electing a new Gov.

What can I say.  Liberals run this state....

We were comparing this to the Roman empire. The split you are talking about is bad, the split Diocletion did saved Rome for a while. That was my point.

And my point was that the split caused by the media was good at one point, but eventually just weakend the country.  The split Diocletion did helped to prolong the fall of the empire, but really didn't save it.  After the Roman capital fell to the barbarians, the empire never regained the power it once had.  That's what I meant.

I was speaking in General like forming a coalition and storming the White House with a Militia. Since we were comparing this to Ancient Rome.

The definition of war has changed quite a bit since then.  Just because they aren't attacking on mass, doesn't mean they aren't attacking.

Hold on now... I never said we didnt have problems in this country. We have many problems in this country. However, I believe that we need more laws to fix some, and less laws to fix other stuff. As of right now though, I am very comfortable on how the Government is being ran.

Ooooh.  I thought you just weren't paying attention. Your defense of the economy was what drew me to that assumption.

Brim you quote me yet you seemed to miss the point I was countering your claims on comparing us to Ancient Rome.

What claim did you counter?  I didn't see that anywhere.  The way I see it, you've countered points I wasn't even making.  That's why I reworded the claims here.

What can I say. Liberals run this state....

And you say you aren't losing any jobs. Sounds like you you don't have much to complain about, seeing as most of the country has lost jobs.

Actually, mold, I said:

I live in Illinois. Our economy has yet to see any improvement. It's not getting any worse, but it's not getting any better either.

We may not be losing jobs anymore, but we still haven't gotten back any of the jobs we've already lost.

Yet you blame the "liberals" that run your state, as opposed to the "conservatives" that run your country. I would understand if it was a state problem, but it is a national one. Therefore the responsibility ultimately fall on the federal government.

Ok, this is a very rare speech by me, so don't get used to it orthink anything highly of it. But I am seriously tired of people basing everything thats wrong with their country, state, city, county, ect off of whether their politician (he/she) is a liberal or a conservative. That honestly is not what I think everytime I get into political discussions and debates. I despise George Bush, but not cause he is a Republican but rather because of his actions this term. However I can say I equally dislike Gray Davis(The former gov. of California) cause of his actions during his term as well. And yes I will even go as far to say our Republican Govenator(Arnold) is much better than Davis. So moral of the speech is, blame it on whose in charge by action rather than class.

"We are a mass of seething fury, elected as your judge and jury. You stand accused of murder, vanity, and evil crimes against humanity."-Andy Martin

people Blame the joblosses on Bush.. I can tell you in many cases that it is Bullshit. Our Gov. was the main reason Ohio lost so many jobs. Hell in my area he closed a prison because he was having a conflict with them. No economical reasons, they had made a statement against him. He claimed it was for Economical reasons but it was one of the best prisons in the state.

Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

Open your eyes beyond your backyard. There exists a total net job loss under Bush's term. The last time that happened was Hoover. Now, are you going to honestly tell me that none of that responsibilty falls on his back? And instead all falls on the Liberal Governers in power? Please. Cut the crap and get back to reality.

Ok so are you saying that the Governors share no responsibility in this? If you are then you sir are an idiot. I know for a fact that the job losses in Ohio are from our Gov' and don't be so ignorant on when I bash a Gov' its going to be a democrat. The Governor of my state happens to be a Republican. If the only political view you can give is at a national level then you, yourself has to be able to open your eyes.

That is not what I'm saying, however. Obviously Gov's share a responsibility. But when you have national problem, directly relating to decisions made my the President of the United States, the majority of the responsibilty falls on his back.

I don't care if your Gov is Republican, Democratic, Independent, Green, or Blue if you are going to blame him or her for all your State's job losses I'm gonig to defend them to a certain degree.

I find it incredibly stupid that most of the political debate in this country is focused on something that the President has real little direct control over, which is the economy.

This isn't to say government doesn't affect the economy, because it certainly has and can.  In a communist or authoritarian society, the government *is* the economy, so it is of course possible.  Even in a moderate free market economy, the government still has regulations on business, trade policy and fiscal policy that all affect the economy.

The government controls trillions of dollars, sets taxes, sets trade policies such as tarrifs and treaties and generally sets things like environmental standards and minimum wage.  So it does have an impact on the economy. 

But the differences in Republican and Democratic approaches to the economy is startlingly little.  True, some liberal Democrats want way more regulations on business.  Some Republicans favor complete or even more de-regulation and changing of the tax code.  But the differences are far less than the similarities on the economy, and both parties might as well be in the back pocket of big business. 

Personally, the President doesn't do much to control the economy.  He can help set trade policy, fiscal policy and propose legislation to regulate/de-regulate the market.  But most of the final say really rests with Congress. 

Luckily or unluckily, the genius of the founding fathers of this country again shows through.  The parties are constantly at war with each other over superficial differences, so much so that they barely get any legislation through.  As a libertarian-minded person, I do not mind divided government.  The political and economic polarization it creates, however, cannot be ignored.  I suppose that is the the trade-off for a divided government, a divided populace. 

At any rate, this psychobabble about the "Clinton economy" or "Bush economy" or "Clinton recession" or "Bush recession" or "Clinton boom" or the newest the "Bush job boom" needs to stop.  Presidents don't create jobs, and ultimately Congress can only indirectly help.  Business creates jobs, and it does so when the economy naturally recovers or declines. 

I think more government intervention in the form of drastic changes tends to de-stabilize the economy and create more economic polarization and no intervention at all leads to corporations becoming incredibly corrupt and greedy.  Tweaking is needed, and that is the beauty of a moderate free-market economy.

If the President controlled the economy, if it were even actually possible, I am guessing that it would always be good so it would politically benefit the incumbent.

Yet you blame the "liberals" that run your state, as opposed to the "conservatives" that run your country. I would understand if it was a state problem, but it is a national one. Therefore the responsibility ultimately fall on the federal government.

But, most other states have seen improvement, whereas mine has not.
Those in power here have done nothing to help the situation, whereas Bush has.
That's why I blame the liberals who have control in Illinois.  Though, it really wouldn't matter since no one gets elected anywhere in Illinois without Daily's sayso.

I find it incredibly stupid that most of the political debate in this country is focused on something that the President has real little direct control over, which is the economy.

Damn right.  If you want to thank or blame anyone for the economy, point the finger at Greenspan.  Of everyone in this country, he has the most power over the economy of any single person.  Though that still isn't much.

At any rate, this psychobabble about the "Clinton economy" or "Bush economy" or "Clinton recession" or "Bush recession" or "Clinton boom" or the newest the "Bush job boom" needs to stop. Presidents don't create jobs, and ultimately Congress can only indirectly help. Business creates jobs, and it does so when the economy naturally recovers or declines.

I think more government intervention in the form of drastic changes tends to de-stabilize the economy and create more economic polarization and no intervention at all leads to corporations becoming incredibly corrupt and greedy. Tweaking is needed, and that is the beauty of a moderate free-market economy.

Once again, I'm in complete agreement.
I agree with Catbert
I agree with Catbert.
I agree with - It just sounds wierd to me! big_smile