Re: Album Recomendations

Crovax, please tell me you drive down the street rocking this out at full blast in your car......I know that I have full intentions of doing so now myself  wink

If you like Japanese music, you should check out malice mizer.....some pretty cool synth-heavy visual kei....good stuff...i think you would like it, or at least the singer's solo stuff.....that has the same closing credits to some anime movie qualities as well....

oh my pick of the week is

OCS - 2&3 - great fuzz folk project from the singer of the band Pink & Brown

http://www.southern.com/southern/band/CURSI/pics/cursive_index.jpg[/img]

Poem is from Welcome. I admit that I don't like that song either. However Blue Sky Research  is very good... but you have to broaden your music tastes some =p

Fuck you! Just because I don't like nu-metal it doesn't mean my music tastes are narrow. Besides the MANY metal genres I listen to, I listen to ambient, dark ambient, some neoclassical and some neofolk.

Taproot isnt nu-metal you silly little man =p

Yes they are. Please enlighten me in what you think they are...

your mom xttz, what you been up to u remember your buddy old pal jay? (rh)
FUCK YOU SPITTER!!!!!!!!

ya dig

Yes, I do... haha.

ROFL I REMEMBER THAT SPITTER!

(by the way, it was 'FUCK OFF SPITTER')

Fuck you! Just because I don't like nu-metal it doesn't mean my music tastes are narrow. Besides the MANY metal genres I listen to, I listen to ambient, dark ambient, some neoclassical and some neofolk.

Taproot isnt nu-metal you silly little man =p

Yes they are. Please enlighten me in what you think they are...

They aren't nu-metal you n00b =p they are Alternative Rock

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

Bullshit.

I'll settle this. Taproot are......... Shitty.

Modern cyberspace is a deadly festering swamp, teeming with dangerous programs such as''licensed Microsoft software'' that can take over your computer and render it useless.

Your location is still in my heart? I haven't felt you kicking for a while.

Bullshit.

In what way is Taproot nu-metal? They don't have any nu-metal element in them.

Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

WE HAVE A WEINER!

But on a more serious note, Taproot is nu-metal because...

- They have rappish vocals in the verses.
- They use d-drop tuning on their guitars.
- They have nu-metallish riffs.
- Whiny gutless angst vocals.
- Their lyrics reek of that teen angst bullshit.
- They suck.
- They have little talent.
- They are un-original.

THERE. You're gonna bitch about the last 3 reasons I bet... ahah.

Makaveli's album of the week: Bone Thugs N Harmony - The Art Of War

Señor Grandes Cojones

WE HAVE A WEINER!

- They suck.
- They are un-original.

Nah not gonna bitch at the last 3 because almost the entire list of bands you listed on the "Music!!" topic imo qualify for the bottom 4 on your list =p

and the first 4 just arent true at all wink You based your entire post off of 1 song. In the words of Will Ferrell in the Wedding Crashers.. What a FREAK!

Holy christ you guys take music too seriously.

Both of your music's suck. Go cut yourselves. Babies.

Pennywise: gimme gimme gimme, you know my contact info... smile

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."

Holy christ you guys take music too seriously.

Both of your music's suck. Go cut yourselves. Babies.

Do you like Beetroot?

WE HAVE A WEINER!

- They suck.
- They are un-original.

Nah not gonna bitch at the last 3 because almost the entire list of bands you listed on the "Music!!" topic imo qualify for the bottom 4 on your list =p

Don't get me started.

and the first 4 just arent true at all wink You based your entire post off of 1 song.

No, I based it off two songs. 'Poem' and 'Myself' (or something). I doubt they would make 2 nu-metal songs and it was just a coincidence those were the 2 I downloaded.

You think Myself is Nu-Metal?? BWHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA wow.. Thanks for the laugh smile remind me to disregard your music opinion now =p

Well I downloaded a file called 'Hate Myself' from Limewire, couldn't find it in their discography so I figured that was the song.

Instead of laughing, have an attempt at refuting my statements that were actually spot-on.

To begin with there is no such song as Hate Myself by Taproot. Second of all what you said about the song 'Myself' wasn't spot on. There is no Nu-Metal element in that song. Nu-Metal tends to focus of Hate, Anger, Pain, and Sex and has a hip hop element to hit such as Rapish type vocals(Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park), Hip Hop style Bass(Korn) or a DJ(Limp Bizkit, Primer 55).

Taproot lacks every single Nu-Metal element. Also the song 'Myself' which you find to be Nu-Metal talks about him finding himself through God. Not very Nu-Metalish  =p

To begin with there is no such song as Hate Myself by Taproot. Second of all what you said about the song 'Myself' wasn't spot on.

Read what I said in my last post. "Well I downloaded a file called 'Hate Myself' from Limewire, couldn't find it in their discography so I figured that was the song." I don't know if the song is called 'Myself', but in Limewire, the file was called 'Taproot - Hate Myself' and it sounded VERY nu-metallish.

Nu-Metal tends to focus of Hate, Anger, Pain, and Sex and has a hip hop element to hit such as Rapish type vocals(Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park), Hip Hop style Bass(Korn) or a DJ(Limp Bizkit, Primer 55).

Not all the time. And a band does not have to incorporate all of the traits of a certain genre to be labelled as it.

Taproot lacks every single Nu-Metal element.

As I stated above, I am not sure if the song was called 'Myself', but the title was 'Hate Myself' in Limewire. So I figured they were the same song.

I decided to do some side-research to add to my argument that Taproot is nu-metal. This is just some random quotes taken from a google search (I searched: 'Taproot nu-metal':

"The thing I kept seeing was that Taproot was yet another "nu-metal" act."

''Taproot''' is a nu metal band from Ann Arbor, Michigan formed in late 1997."

"But here we are, mid 2005, and taproot has just
released another batch of pathetic and unoriginal nu-metal songs. ..."

"Taproot is one of the best Nu-Metal Bands on earth!" <-- LoL

Wikipedia Taproot link that says they are nu-metal

etc. etc...

... and I have yet to find 1 source that says they are alternative rock (besides you, of course).

I don't even know why we are debating. It is blatantly obvious that they are nu-metal and even if they are alternative rock, doesn't save them from the fact they are talentless, unoriginal and a useless piece of crap band.

Also the song 'Myself' which you find to be Nu-Metal talks about him finding himself through God. Not very Nu-Metalish  =p

Well singing about God is faggotish. And so is nu-metal. I can see a strong relationship there.

Fuck this, I'm downloading one of their songs and I'll finish this once and for all.. :x

It sounds like Korn and Incubus thrown into a food processor, it's pretty obviously nu-metal.

It sounds like Korn and Incubus thrown into a food processor, it's pretty obviously nu-metal.

You sir are an idiot. They don't sound anything like Korn or Incubus.
To begin with there Bassists could never produce the sound that Fieldy makes and the lyrics of Taproot are completely different from Korn and Incubus.

Also Incubus isn't Nu-Metal either =p they are Alternative Rock... Therefore you back my statement up because in no way do they sound anything like Korn.

If you persist to say they sound like Korn tell me how.

Your site doesn't work XTTZ.

Also I just typed Taproot Alternative Rock first page that came up was Amazon having it listed under the Alt. Rock section wink

"This is followed by "Violent Seas" which is vaguely reminiscent of Foo Fighters, I'm not sure why, but the opening just strikes me like that and I can't shake it. It is an evenly paced melodic rocker that has a nice flow."

I dunno about you but I don't find Foo Fighter nu-metal.

http://www.citygigs.com/bands.cfm/bandID/10071/city/2
http://guide.real.com/dir/music/rock_po … lling.html
http://guide.real.com/dir/music/rock_po … _mine.html

I fight taproot shitty.

Modern cyberspace is a deadly festering swamp, teeming with dangerous programs such as''licensed Microsoft software'' that can take over your computer and render it useless.