Re: Album Recomendations

Just small writing. It only takes up less than a quarter of the space on the CD cover.

And there is no way in hell you would be able to find it, unless you are able to find it second hand, because it is limited to 100 copies.

Oh okay, cool.

Excellent funeral doom metal album:

Wormphlegm - In An Excruciating Way Infested With Vermin And Violated By Executioners Who Practise Incendiarism And Desanctifying The Pious

I wonder how many thesauruses those fellows looked through when deciding on an album title, and how many low fives were given after picking a a 'cool' word.

Excellent funeral doom metal album:

Wormphlegm - In An Excruciating Way Infested With Vermin And Violated By Executioners Who Practise Incendiarism And Desanctifying The Pious

I wonder how many thesauruses those fellows looked through when deciding on an album title, and how many low fives were given after picking a a 'cool' word.

Even though I doubt they would have used a thesaurus, I wouldn't blame them if they did as English isn't their first langauge. And I don't see why they would try to be so 'cool' by using the words 'incendiarism' and 'desanctifying'. It obviously isn't a lame attempt to seem 'cool' to sell records (see '50 Cent' and/or 'Greenday' for the 'using 'cool'ness to sell records' concept), otherwise they would print more than 100 copies of that CD so they would actually make an extreme profit off seeming 'cool', and it's their only album released to date. Not to mention they are a very underground band, so all the little kiddies who judge music on 'coolness' cannot access such a band.

You sir, need to learn to take a joke.

I liked it mold!

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

The new EP by the Long Winters....get it....

http://www.southern.com/southern/band/CURSI/pics/cursive_index.jpg[/img]

I couldn't find anything off their new album but I downloaded some songs off their official website. It's alright, I don't mind the music but I'm not particuarly fond of the vocalist..he kinda reminds me of that faggot from 'Athlete'.
Feel free to reccomend me some better songs by them.
My album of the month is Vornagar - The Bleeding Holocaust. The drums are seriously amazing.

My suggestion (bet noone will bother with it.. ah well)

Aikawa Nanase - Red

It's Aikawa Nanase's debut album. Has some pretty decent songs imho. JRock/JPop. (its from 1996 btw)

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."

Bad Religion - How Could Hell Be Any Worse?......get it.

Bad Religion - How Could Hell Be Any Worse?......get it.

good record, i used to have it on tape when i was younger...though rereleasing it seemed kind of pointless when all the material was already on the 80-85 record....

Oh, my pick of the week is the 1997 brain jonestown massacre classic - thank god for mental illness.

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris. The drums are seriously amazing and better than Vornagar.

Better than Vornagar eh? I'll check 'em out.

Yup.  8)

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses

It's old, very slow tempo metal. If you're not into that, then it's really not worth your time. Then again, at times it mocks the whole scene. If nothing else, download Kill All The White People.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

L'Arc-en-Ciel : SMILE

Japanese punk rock. Odd, but a good find if you're looking for something different.

killswitch engage - every cd
element eighty - self titled
lamb of god - their last two cds
still remains - whatever their cd is called
sevendust - first 3 cds
shadows fall - either cd
ill nino - confession, and revolution/revolucion

I forgot atreyu, cradle of filth, and many more lmao, shit I have over 3k songs on my mp3 player hmm

The Pillows : Penalty Life

Mpre Japanese rock. If you're an FLCL fan, pick it up. The Pillows did all of the music for that show.

Hrmm, Ulrich... have you listened to a group called 'High and Mighty Color'? Im not too much of a fan myself but it seems to be kinda popular with some folks.

PS. In case you didnt know, that's a Japanese group.

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."

I'll have to check it out. What kind of music do they play?

Never mind. I went to their site and checked out some of their stuff.

Verdict: Next time I'm at Suncoast I'll look for one of their CD's.

The new EP by the Long Winters....get it....

<3

I was so stoked for that EP, and it delivered . . . great production, arrangement . . . his lyrics have only gotten better- chilling stuff, The Commander Thinks Aloud about the spaceshuttle and what not.

Andrew Bird's latest album The Mysterious Production of Eggs is pretty fantastic. That's my top right now.

I've got tickets to some great shows coming up here. Colin Meloy (of the Decemberists) next week, a week later Rocky Votolato, 3 days later Of Montreal (finally!) and a month later Nada Surf w/ Rogue Wave.

Colin Meloy is coming around here soon.  There's a sampler in some new sub pop book that has one of his solo songs on it and it's pretty good.