Re: Tareim -- I'm out

I wish I could remember who Mumblee was....but i cant...suchs being easily forgetable....

Judy wrote:

so ur calling me an iliterate idiot for critizising ur lack of work on faldon, thats very mature and alot more educated, touche to u sir.
and what ur doing here is changin the subject to a personal vendetta on me. and im not going to play ur game anymore, i was  clearly stating ur own fuckin policys created by the gms. theres a reason faldon have rules and policies and if u as a person disagree with faldons policy and rules, maybe u need 2 ask urself if this is the right place for u to be.

*sigh*  Let me state this in a simple way:

My pedigree is has no bearing on whether or not this is a good policy.  That's called "Ad hominem abusive".  It's a logical fallacy.  Just because I'm the one saying it does not make it untrue.

The fact that you guys are not qualified (because you have no base of reference and weren't around at the time) to make statements about what I did or did not do as a Gm is completely unrelated, because even if I was a total noob, Faldon would still have the same history of abusive Gms.

I understand that you guys have a raging boner for this dude, but you're not helping his cause by attacking anyone who questions his promotion.

ok mr univers, uve had ur shinning momment, now get ur head out of ur ass, and back to planet earth.
how are we not qualified to make statements either u did or did not make a good work as a gm. we are the players, we are the one who has 2 suffer for ur mistakes.
if anyone is qualified to apply jugdements upon ur actions its us, so just cut that harvard attitude and face the truth.

UNLIKE YOU THO, spy has managed to improve the game, since spy was given  gm the player counts has only went up, we went from a rougly 10 crowd to 50, now i understand theres various reasons this could have happened, but old players come back and see if anything has changed, if its worth starting back, and apparently it was, so he must have done some sort of good work. (of course theres other gms working on the game such as julie and wu, but spy has been workin more intense then both of em)
as for not helping him out, do u believe it would be more helpful for us to just let u attack him with ur childish unknowing statements about him? u were not around when he were made gm nor m, how can you even jugde him?
unlike you he has supportive players, i havent seen anyone stand up for u yet, which gets me down to 1 conclusion.
you sucked as a gm.

Jesus Christ, you are thickheaded.  Maybe a list will make this clear:

1.  How can you judge me when you and I were not around at the same time?
2.  How does your opinion of my legacy in ANY WAY relate to the policy of promoting cheaters to positions of power?
3.  My issue is not with any one person in particular.  When did I ever make any sort of statement about this guy, who I have made clear that I do not know?  My issue is with the policy that puts into power people LIKE him, who then end up becoming corrupt Gm.  There is a very clear precedent here.
4.  How can you guys be any more certain that he has "changed" than any of the previous Gms who ended up going corrupt?  None of them were promoted with the expectation that they were planning on abusing their powers.  Rather, they learned to ingratiate themselves with the people in power, which usually includes being better about hiding their intent to cheat.

I have yet to hear any sort of argument about what sets this guy apart from the other Gms who claimed to be reformed, and so I'm going to work under the assumption that precedent will hold true.  Hell, Tareim makes the argument that he's not even hiding it, rather that you guys are just covering your eyes.

Regardless, what's done is done, so hopefully he proves me wrong.  Corrupt Gms really suck the life out of the game, and even though I'm not active anymore I don't wish that on anyone, having seen it happen so many times.

1. how are you so certain i wasent? ur the guy who planted the apple trees on map7 , great job, i bet that looks good on the cv. and the rubbish hsbSAGASKmNAY on the client name, great job on that 2.

2. the only legacy ur known by is whinning, even after u quit for years ur still whinning about about someone has been promoted GM, i think ur just shitload mad u lost ur GM.
apparently ur the fuckin thickheaded here, they wouldnt have promoted him to gm if he was still a cheater, if u were around u would know what had been done and the details about the case, but u werent so shut ur mouth.

3. what kind of policy do u then suggest they follow to pick m/gms? u seriously think if a guy makes a mistake once, he should be dealt with it the rest of hes life with no chance ever 2 make up for it. id like 2 see the day u get kids, ur going 2 murder em b4 they hit 15

4. innocent til otherwise is proven, right?

for the record ur a fuckin whiner, u whine more bout faldon then anyone else and u dont even play.
i guess when all comes down to it, ur cut that u were taken away powers and now someone with a bad history has been granted powers.
must really have hurt ur ego, sucks it didnt hurt enough for u to /wrist tho

You are a modern day Demosthenes.  I don't know why I even though I would be able to match wits with your boundless intellect.

I suppose I'm just old fashioned, believing in logic and soundness of arguments, but I guess your method of just making things up in a completely inane fashion is superior.

wow u think alot of shit bout urself considering u got nothing to back it up.
you dont think logical or make good arguements about ur point of view, what u do is try to make urself look smarter by bad mouthing the other person.
1 thing u were right about, u are old fashioned, u think in boxes, u do not take critism, u just get offended and trash the person, if they do not share the same opinions as u, and if they keep going, fghting for their beliefs , they get told they are of boundless intellect or makin insane facts up.

you didnt turn out to be the loser tho, you won the prize of being a faggot with god complexs.. oh right thats the same as being a loser, my bad.

but even tho as promising as ur last mssg may sound, i do not believe this is the last ill hear from u, u have 2 much of an ego and god complex to let this go. but feel free to prove me wrong.

Maleria for GM!
that is all

What a cleaver meat grinder you say?
Happy Ponys, Elephants and Turtles all living together in harmony.

Arguments regarding Faldon culture and structure, well,  that turn into personel assaults are tiresome.

Let's chalk it up to, you two not knowing each other at all. I happen to know both of you as my "tenure" as it were at some point overlapped both yours. Conveying opinion over the internet and in text is always a dangerous process as any forum member knows.

I also happen to know that it is unbecoming for both of you to continue with this in these forums or in general. Nothing will be resolved in the end, more so attention for the need to trivialize the process created by a game that has been on its last legs for years now.

Faldon fell many years ago. I can't give you a date. I came back not expecting a lot, what I found were a lot of people out for themselves while finding not a one I could trust. Maybe it's me, but I don't see the appeal in a game where you can't trust anyone. For those of you that say you can't trust anyone in faldon and never could. I've known a guy named Aaron from Australia through many of his relationships and mine, we have both seen each others kids grow and heard of the bad days and the good. Jared, many of you know as <insertname>, or scOOby is also one I could trust with my account without thought and always have been able to. So please don't question the morals of the game as a whole when replying as I know you will.

I guess my point being, the relevance of your argument is null as this game has about has much faith combined as a catholic priest speaking of honesty, or the US government speaking of peace.

Returning to my original point. STFU give each other a big ole hug and let's continue on. We will all be worm food one day, don't lie on your deathbed remember this forum post as minutes and hours of your life wasted. Get out, drink beer, meet people instead. This pearl of advice coming from someone that spent far to much time online, all the same.

Outsidethief wrote:

Returning to my original point. STFU give each other a big ole hug and let's continue on. We will all be worm food one day, don't lie on your deathbed remember this forum post as minutes and hours of your life wasted. Get out, drink beer, meet people instead. This pearl of advice coming from someone that spent far to much time online, all the same.

speaking words of wisdom , let it be tongue

Couple comments:

1) Mumblee, I would like to state that like many of the people here, I was not around during your time. When I returned to Faldon, you were inactive. While I was a GM however, you did make a return. At this time I felt that you came around for praise and that all you did was events. I am not saying this to argue, telling you what I had felt. I often received complaints that you would jail people for disobeying in an event, I felt this was unfair. This is where I clashed with you, as far as saying you've done nothing for the game, I will not.

2) This leads to another reason I highly disapprove of Spy as a GM. All he seems to care about is events. Events are great and all, but Faldon has turned into nothing more than a big event. Everyone just wants to be around for their free items. I think this is a horrible idea, always have. This isn't what Faldon should be or ever was about (I played MANY of years ago...) He has taken it so far that events are not even a random GM thing, it's a daily thing... I find this to be harmful to the game, and adds to the reason why all of you like him so much more. He has a purpose of pleasing you all, and that's not what a GMs job is. Not that way, not at all.

3) The whole thing about the policy you all speak of, should be dropped. This is not a GM policy, this is something Zammbi wanted to post. It was him and only him, and the reason he did it is because it got people off his back about why certain people were made to be certain positions.

4) I do believe people can learn but I don't believe that people change for no reason. Also, I find it hard to believe that someone with such loose morals could go from stealing from people to someone that wouldn't even abuse a digital system at nobodies direct expense. As Mumblee said, we've had GM/Ms that wouldn't directly harm anyone that have abused the system, why should we not fear what could happen with Spy? If he has truly changed, then I can only wonder, what significant thing happened in his life that allowed him to learn?

your mom

I hate to do this beings that everyone will talk shit after my comment but the almighty LOTHAR is right, spys making even the shittiest of players RICK FILTHY RICH no items are rare, and honestly the 1 char whose got the Rarest items is spys lil spawn Cazit, < nothing against u caz but you and judy are the only 2 with plagues, and i imagine keith lol< noone else looks deep into this but you all are tied into a GM as ur friend somehow some way, events have made kids i seen 1 yr ago with CM and old boots running around with multiple skullblades and SOVS< speaking of sovs 1 of the newest items in game and already is less rare then some items that were here when i started over 3 yrs ago, someone look into this ignorance thanks, LOVE the greediest motha fucka on faldon! .....now you can all comment bash me but before you do look at the facts, faggots

lol i do like you imwhite its fucking true

Best Player Alive.

Tareim

You're somewhat right, I did make events but what I don't understand is why you never said anything about it if you disagreed so much.
It's not like I did those events all on my own, I coded them yes, but they were discussed on the forum and with other GMs on Faldon, if you would have given your input it would have been taken into consideration.
And it's not like I only make events, I have done other things aswell.

Imwhite

It's not like there's dozens of pairs of sovereign boots out there, it's probably more like five orso max. And if I hadn't made any event there would be 0.
The fact that Judy and Cazit have plague boots doesn't have anything to do with me being their friend. There's plenty of other players I'm friendly with who didn't get anything during the events.

Anyway,
I'm trying my best to help Faldon and I'll accept constructive criticism.
So if that means my events etc are too big or whatever then I will stop or change the way they work.

Last edited by Mr Spy (December 15th, 2009 8:11 AM)

Spy,

I know you don't feel I've given you a fair chance, but I did talk to you about quite a few things, and you basically ignored my input. As for the forum, that was started long ago and died at one point. Since it died, I never really went back, and didn't even really know it was being used again.

In terms of policy, I was somewhere in between you two. 

On the one hand, like Spy I was promoted to Gm in large part to provide engaging content for the players (while still retaining my Moderator duties), which included an even mix of events and the map/NPCs/quests I was working on.  I don't agree that Gms should be invisible entities.  Faldon is a small community where everybody knows everybody else, and since there is no dedicated content development team, the duty falls on the Gms to keep things fresh.

On the other hand, however, I sure as hell wasn't giving away super-rare items, and it would have looked super suspicious if the people I ran with were gaining an advantage from my events.  It's not the Gm's place to screw up the game's economy by handing out unique items like they're candy.

My advice to you, Spy, would be this:  People should be participating in your events because they are fun, not because of any potential prize they are winning.  Most of my events could have been run without any Gm capabilities (or minimally, the ability to warp), and if there were prizes they were trivial (a trophy with no actual usage).  People will participate in events like trivia, hide-and-seek, special-rules tournaments, etc, simply because it's something new and interesting to do other than levelling.

i want to throw this into the conversation. When you log on on a saturday now, there are 40-50ish players online. When you logged on on a saturday last year, there would be under 20. Enough said

Nice rigorous proof of your claims of a statistically significant causal relationship, Ra.

1) thats what she said. 2) You are a douche bag for trying to use large vocabulary to say a simple sentence. 3) you check this forum thing way too much.

Mumblee wrote:

On the other hand, however, I sure as hell wasn't giving away super-rare items, and it would have looked super suspicious if the people I ran with were gaining an advantage from my events.  It's not the Gm's place to screw up the game's economy by handing out unique items like they're candy.

I want to make clear though, that my events were automated such as last Easter event for example.
Players had to go in a special maze and hunt rabbits who dropped easter eggs.
Once the player had 50 easter eggs he could hand em over to the easter bunny for a random reward (small chance for Cs of getting an item, rest was gold).
This could be done once per account per Faldon day while the event was up.

There's no way I could have influenced who got what in these events as it was all random.

Mumblee wrote:

My advice to you, Spy, would be this:  People should be participating in your events because they are fun, not because of any potential prize they are winning.  Most of my events could have been run without any Gm capabilities (or minimally, the ability to warp), and if there were prizes they were trivial (a trophy with no actual usage).  People will participate in events like trivia, hide-and-seek, special-rules tournaments, etc, simply because it's something new and interesting to do other than levelling.

I guess I'll focus more on the 'fun' factor to motivate people. Although it is really hard to get people to join in on a hide n seek if the reward isn't all that useful.

Last edited by Mr Spy (December 16th, 2009 3:21 AM)

Mumblee shouldn't have any input on this thread what so ever. You obviously don't know whats going on in Faldon. You havn't been around for so long, you couldnt POSSIBLY say anything about this matter. Only what you've experienced many years ago. And I don't think you can rely on the past, because things do change (like people do). For example, I don't really feel like running hide n seek, simply because I don't need the item. And I will bet a good amount I'm not the only one.

So don't come talking here about how it was MANY years ago, but start looking how things are now, before you jump to any lame conclusions.

Oh and btw, hide'n'seeks are fun, if they are rewarded with something I can actually use or sell.

Its a perfect reason why people are coming back now, when Rick is GM. And really, having more ''customers'' is better for a business right? So why are you/anyone talking about how corrupt rick is. Do you have any real proof of him doing bad things ever since he was made M->GM? I don't think so. I got tons of things to show he did good. And the player avarage is one of them.

Last edited by Mister Rob (December 16th, 2009 1:55 PM)

If you want to stay in contact with me you can add me on Instagram

Instagram

Ra wrote:

1) thats what she said. 2) You are a douche bag for trying to use large vocabulary to say a simple sentence. 3) you check this forum thing way too much.

1) Sure is.  2) I wasn't trying to talk circles around you.  Those are the basic terms used in data analysis.  You made a claim that A causes B, and I was sarcastically pointing out that there's no way you can prove that.  3) You're probably right.  It's nice to check it once a day, though, because it makes me feel good knowing that other people (like Mister Rob, per post #72) are so much more ignorant than I am.

Last edited by Mumblee (December 16th, 2009 5:27 PM)

Now explain where the ignorance is.

If you want to stay in contact with me you can add me on Instagram

Instagram

Lothar wrote:

Hello everyone, the time has come for me to leave Faldon. I have never scammed a player, nor abused my GM powers. Any and all of you that know me, know this is true.

hold ur horses tim, if i remember correctly, which i do. you always had a good eye for barbie girl, now feel free to prove me wrong but in worse case im sure me n some others are able 2 find some screenshots of u giving barbie girl 1250 ( in that time max stats) when she was duelling ~pr0phet~ and bp69.. im sure thats not abusing gm powers.. its simply balancing the game cuz she was only lvl 750 anyway and bp69 n pr0 was only below lvl 500