Re: Tareim -- I'm out

He also made her immortal some time(s).

If you want to stay in contact with me you can add me on Instagram

Instagram

1) Mumblee has every right to speak here.
2)The game may have more players, but if you look back at the history of the game, this is common. The numbers go up and down for periods of time. However, a look at the history will also show that there is for the most part no common reason and often times no apparent reason.

3) "Oh and btw, hide'n'seeks are fun, if they are rewarded with something I can actually use or sell."

If it's only fun because of an item, then it really isn't all that fun. I love what I get from my job, doesn't mean my job's fun...

4) As to all the claims about Barbie Girl, first of all, she is not my friend. We don't hang out, we don't talk, when we do it's normally Faldon related. With the exception of a few times when she asked about the baby coming into my family, or perhaps we said hi. Look back at Mia23... Everytime she logged in we would announce eachother's names in b-cast. Not because we were friends, but because it was basically an on going joke/game. Beyond that, we didn't even talk. My point: You can't just assume people are close.

Now, with that said yes, I did protect Barbie Girl often in Faldon. Let me explain why, I didn't feel it was right for 16 year old boys to be shouting sexually inappropriate things at an 8 year old girl. If you remember, she started when she was 8. So verbally, I made it a point to protect her. I don't regret this for a second, and those of you that treated an 8 year old that way are sick.

As for the 1250 stats, I wont say it happened, and I wont say it didn't. What I will say is I have done that for various people in the past. This was during the time when we had created the duel-zone. The reason I did this was it was fun for players and not permanently damaging. If you are in the duel-zone, you expect to die.

5) Let me explain something that Mumblee touched on. I do feel that for the most part GMs should be invisible. I don't beleive that we should be a part of the game. Now, with Faldon, events are common to the game, and players love it. So I agree, they should be allowed here and there. But events should be special, they should be fun, and they shouldn't be about giving out ultra-rare stuff.

6) You are all right, there is no real proof of any wrong-doing. But, you should know, it is difficult to get this proof. But I can say that I have heard many complaints. I have heard about events which he only allowed certain people into. I have heard about a chest which he would rob before players could get to it. I have heard about him selling things to players. I have a dutch screen-shot of a player mentioning that the money was sent and that he could send the item after the event.

7) Anything and everything "wrong" that I or Mumblee did... was public. There was no hiding of these events. So I will say this: I had nothing to hide at the time of doing so, I have nothing to hide now.

I don't think 3 events (this year) is alot now it is. And what the hell is the reason for ultra-rares not being given out? What would be the reason for it taking a spot on the item list? So only GM/M's can show off in them?

Lothar wrote:

You are all right, there is no real proof of any wrong-doing. But, you should know, it is difficult to get this proof.

Because there is no proof. Because he did not ever do such thing.

Last edited by Mister Rob (December 17th, 2009 11:28 AM)

Instagram

Lothar wrote:

But I can say that I have heard many complaints. I have heard about events which he only allowed certain people into. I have heard about a chest which he would rob before players could get to it. I have heard about him selling things to players. I have a dutch screen-shot of a player mentioning that the money was sent and that he could send the item after the event.

As a player I was always joking around, and I still do that today as a GM. I think the problem here is that people take the things I say too seriously, for which I guess they can't be blaimed as it's coming from a GM.

For example;
Player: "Spy gimmie your boots of apollo"
Me: "Send me 200 usd and they're yours"

Or like yesterday when <insertname> asked me to set his spawn point near Lethe. I told him in bcast to send me usd first, he then replied that he did.
A few minutes after that another player asks me if I could do the same for him and doesn't realize there was never a transaction.

That's a pretty standard reply from me if a player asks something outragous I can obviously not do, but I guess some players who didn't know me as a player don't know that I'm just messing around.

Perhaps a lesson here is that I should try not to appear that corrupt.

As for the chest, I ran it and got an item and announced it in bcast to annoy people. The rewards from the chest were random but players are unable to grasp that concept. If they ran it before me it would not automatically mean they would have gotten the item I got.

The event only for 'specific' players was probably a complaint from Barbie Girl to Syrinadra about 'the pit'. I think she didn't understand she couldn't join in because another team was already busy and that she just had to wait a few minutes. I told this to Syrinadra but I'm guessing she missed that.

Mister Rob wrote:

Now explain where the ignorance is.

Yes Sir.

Mister Rob wrote:

Mumblee shouldn't have any input on this thread what so ever. You obviously don't know whats going on in Faldon. You havn't been around for so long, you couldnt POSSIBLY say anything about this matter.

This is an Ad Hominem, which is a type of Red Herring.  That is to say, you are trying to discredit a valid argument by attacking my character rather than by refuting the claim itself.

Mister Rob wrote:

Only what you've experienced many years ago. And I don't think you can rely on the past, because things do change (like people do).

What makes you assume that things are so different now that it precludes corruption?  This is another Red Herring, this time via Appeal to novelty.  Even so, however, I disagree with your claims that Faldon is somehow fundamentally different now than it was a few years ago.  What has occured in the last three years that would alter the way Gms use their power?  Has there been some profound event that permanently altered the psyche of the playerbase?  Because at a really basic level, this argument is not about Faldon, it's about psychology and sociology.  I disagree that human nature has fundamentally changed recently.

Mister Rob wrote:

Its a perfect reason why people are coming back now, when Rick is GM.

This is known as Post hoc ergo propter hoc or more generally, mistaking correlation for causation.  As Lothar points out, the population of Faldon has ebbed and flowed since the very beginning.  I remember one point on desert client where we went from an average of 10 players to regularly maxing out the number of player slots within a matter of months.  Population of a community like Faldon's is such a complex multivariate equation that to attribute it to a single event or person is preposterous.

Mister Rob wrote:

Do you have any real proof of him doing bad things ever since he was made M->GM?

No, and I never claimed to.  I'm not saying he should be deGmed.  I'm saying that I agree with Lothar that making him a Gm to begin with was a terrible idea, given that everytime we've promoted a cheating player in the past, it's come back to bite us in the ass.

LoL, i think mumblee thinks hes Steven Hawking..

Mumblee wrote:

This is an Ad Hominem, which is a type of Red Herring.

This is another Red Herring, this time via Appeal to novelty

This is known as Post hoc ergo propter hoc

now heres the fun part .. ur obviously a  pathetic homosapien meaning ur a pathetic pos of humanbeing

I don't know who STEVEN Hawking is, but if he's half as smart as STEPHEN Hawking, then I'll take that as a compliment!  Thanks Judy!

Last edited by Mumblee (December 18th, 2009 12:27 PM)

I guess all I have left to say at this point, is look at Spy's last post... It's a perfect example of why nothing gets done in this game about corruption. Because it takes WAY too much to "prove" it. That's why it was a terrible idea to promote him in the first place. Every argument of proof that I have used he has argued not by saying it isn't true but by making it look like a misunderstanding. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. All I know is in a system so difficult to weed out the bad, why would you start with what you know was bad?

You missed my point, I don't think you dont have any right to say anything about the psychology and sociology part. Just not about what goes around in the game. And Faldon sure did change is past years, good sir.

Instagram

Zer wrote:

Mumblee is an idiot wasting hes time quoting everything on wikipedia, hes the kind of person I could spit on and he would look up and ask me if its rainning, thats why he was De-GMd, how i hate that homo..

Mumblee wrote:

I like to touch myself naughty places.. such as my ear!

Hmm.. from what I have deduced:

demon wizzzz, GM's are FAR more then event runners - as a GM you need to be constantly willing towards the enhancement of the game - this is usually through creating complete new areas in the map, helping out with scripts - and player moderation.  From what I have read, all you do is log in, have an event, give out rare items, and go.   This is far from any GM behavior that should be put up with - in the many games I have hosted and ran, along with several full retail games I have been in (Administration and GM'ship) you would have stood no chance past the first week in that setting.

Mumblee is correct in lots of the deductions he has been giving, I tend to let things slip by without comment - but this is disgusting.  I would put my vote in towards getting you gone, and I havent even been in-game to see any of this happening.

Bash me all you want, I honestly don't care - but I am an old time player of Faldon, and what you are doing disgusts me - we had full server wipes because of "event runners" like you.

Sylk! - My Newbie Mage
Behemoth! - My Newbie Warrior

Any of the old school players feel more then welcome to toss me a PM on here, I'll add you onto Skype or any other messenger, would love to get back in touch!

Loki,

This thread only highlights what Tareim thinks I did wrong, it doesn't mention any of the other things I have done.
It's not like ALL I do is hold events, I have added plenty of NPCs, quests and did quite a bit of mapping on desert map.

And please bare in mind that this is Tareims view of things which I think was formed due to lack of communication between the two of us. He was never really involved with any of things I added. The other GMs with whom I work closely do not share his view.

But yeah, if you haven't been in-game for a long time and all you see is this thread then it probably does make me look like a horrible GM. Though, I invite you to log back on some time, so you can see for yourself if I'm really that horrible or not.

I am more than willing to be fair here:

It is true, this thread is not a summary of what Spy has done. This thread is about why I have left and what I believe to be true about Spy. I am more than willing to admit that you have done other things. However, I will also say that of course you have. You like scripting, that is obvious. Also, due to your history, of course, if you did absolutely nothing of benefit, you'd have been long since gone. Or in fact, you wouldn't have been made a GM to begin with. That said, however, you were a horrible M. You didn't care if people cheated, ran macro utilities while AFK, among other things. I questioned you once on this and you told me that you were not an M for those purposes and that it was just a trial...

I am glad you have done good in some ways, but I do not believe in any way that this is worth the damage you have caused. You not only did events, but you automated them. Players complained as have I. I confronted you many times about numerous things and each time you came up with some excuse and did nothing in reaction to my complaint. I asked you to stop with M-scripts of your own, you did not. I asked you not to give items to Ms/GMs in your events (you claim I did not) and you continued. I asked why you edited a script to make your pets nearly invincible while placing a comment next to the line claiming it was to make it so you could access map 3 and you claimed you thought that's what it did... So much doesn't add up, and so much isn't right. Nobody with such a past should be allowed to be a GM. And the fact that you ignored so much should have you removed.

Not to mention, I can also say that I have had contact with other GMs and I can say at the very least not all of them do agree with what you've done. Not only this, but not all of them even trust you.

To everybody that feels I am unfair... Please note that I did not whisper into his ear telling him to scam players. I did not ask him to provide players of the game with key-loggers. I did not ask that he violate the community. And most certainly, I did not ask that such a CRIMINAL be put in charge of this game to any extent. With all the problems Faldon has gone through with people that seemed reasonably good, it was a horrible decision to put this criminal in a position of power.

Lothar wrote:

You not only did events, but you automated them.

Automating them isn't necessarily a bad thing, it made sure EVERYONE had a fair chance at participating.
While I was a player I always seemed to miss the events cause they were held while I was asleep as most GMs lived in the US.

cool

I still cannot fathom why your still here Tim. Move on to something bigger this is just a kiddy game. I think you did a great job, just leave it at that. Dont play into all the drama, its all just a waste, Come play Aion

After reading a good bit of these posts I have a few pointless words to say long after the argument has ended big_smile  As far as Rick selling things for USD goes, he does joke around a lot about it.  I myself have had such interactions with him where people have messaged me demanding I sell them an item which I didn't truly buy.  This is why solid proof is a good thing.

I also have something to say to Mumblee.  Although Judy is basically an idiot, defending your statements about Rick without being around for him being a GM by saying it's Ad Hominem is a bit hypocritical when just a few posts later you told him he couldn't judge your tenure as a GM since he wasn't around for it.  Just saying.

And then I was like WHOAHHHHHH!!!!  Wait, what?

Oh and also, it seems to me that Rick not listening to Tim and obeying his every command is what pushed him to quit, rather than his regard for the welfare of the players of faldon.  Just saying, all his posts say, "I told him to do THIS and he didn't listen, I told him to do THAT and once again he didn't listen,  he's a CRIMINAL because he didn't listen."  Power trips are a bitch when they finally end and no one will listen to you, aren't they.

That's a good criticism, Cap'n Krunch.  In my case you are correct that I don't know Rick and can't verify any of what happened.  He might be a great guy or he might be the anti-christ, for all I know.  My comments are really aimed more at the people and the process that gave him his Gm powers, though, and that's something that I am able to speak to from experience.  The things that Rick was rumored to have done do not make a great Gm resume, and Faldon seemed to be making the same mistake made so many times before, which is where my criticism comes into play.  As a general policy, it doesn't make sense to give power to people who have historically abused power.

This is understandable.  I know that from the outside it may look like a terrible idea, but I think in this specific situation it's ok.  It appears that Rick may be one of the select few that has changed legitimately.  To my knowledge Rick hasn't done anything terribly shady for ages.  I could also be wrong, but hey, aren't the nay sayers just as likely to be wrong?  I don't think Rick would have been promoted from M to GM if he was abusing his privileges and if he was doing it now I think that he would have been deGMed by now.

Faldon has really always been research coverup for psychoanalitical investigations into human interactions online, and the advancement of said subject. Zer is writing a paper on it. Pulitzer stuff.

Now you know....

Lothar wrote:

I am more than willing to be fair here:

It is true, this thread is not a summary of what Spy has done. This thread is about why I have left and what I believe to be true about Spy. I am more than willing to admit that you have done other things. However, I will also say that of course you have. You like scripting, that is obvious. Also, due to your history, of course, if you did absolutely nothing of benefit, you'd have been long since gone. Or in fact, you wouldn't have been made a GM to begin with. That said, however, you were a horrible M. You didn't care if people cheated, ran macro utilities while AFK, among other things. I questioned you once on this and you told me that you were not an M for those purposes and that it was just a trial...

I am glad you have done good in some ways, but I do not believe in any way that this is worth the damage you have caused. You not only did events, but you automated them. Players complained as have I. I confronted you many times about numerous things and each time you came up with some excuse and did nothing in reaction to my complaint. I asked you to stop with M-scripts of your own, you did not. I asked you not to give items to Ms/GMs in your events (you claim I did not) and you continued. I asked why you edited a script to make your pets nearly invincible while placing a comment next to the line claiming it was to make it so you could access map 3 and you claimed you thought that's what it did... So much doesn't add up, and so much isn't right. Nobody with such a past should be allowed to be a GM. And the fact that you ignored so much should have you removed.

Not to mention, I can also say that I have had contact with other GMs and I can say at the very least not all of them do agree with what you've done. Not only this, but not all of them even trust you.

To everybody that feels I am unfair... Please note that I did not whisper into his ear telling him to scam players. I did not ask him to provide players of the game with key-loggers. I did not ask that he violate the community. And most certainly, I did not ask that such a CRIMINAL be put in charge of this game to any extent. With all the problems Faldon has gone through with people that seemed reasonably good, it was a horrible decision to put this criminal in a position of power.

Seriously?

This seems more like a personal issue then what youd claim it to be.

Instagram

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4411/faldon10.png

Imwhite, I assume you are suggesting that this could be proof of Mr. Spy being corrupt. Sadly, if he is half-way smart, which he is, then the acts will not be traceable. This is why I was against it from the start, because he has a past and it can't be tracked easily if he does go or is corrupt. Sadly nobody felt Faldon was important enough to care. If they had an untraceable entry into their bank accounts, I bet you they wouldn't have given him half a chance at coming near it.

Visualcode wrote:

Imwhite, I assume you are suggesting that this could be proof of Mr. Spy being corrupt. Sadly, if he is half-way smart, which he is, then the acts will not be traceable. This is why I was against it from the start, because he has a past and it can't be tracked easily if he does go or is corrupt. Sadly nobody felt Faldon was important enough to care. If they had an untraceable entry into their bank accounts, I bet you they wouldn't have given him half a chance at coming near it.

" Accually i no spy wouldnt do it, and he for sure wouldnt risk his GM on that worthless waste of semen, i simply posted this for every active player/gm to see what kinda of pathological liar sykes is, even the night i SS this he said outloud he had gotten a spawned level 10 spiders, then claimed im a liar and i photoshoped this< he gives me to much credit on photoshop lol< and i just think sykes is scum so i went ahead and proved it, plus thought it would make the Gms laugh because we accually have a great selection of Gms now days, all non-currupt, reguardless what you think of spy, hes done more great things in 1 month then many past GMs have done lifetime.    To conclude this post, Sykes your a useless sperm.:)